- Career Level Senior-level
We are seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to join our client’s San Francisco-based marketplace. Our platform connects nurses and CNAs with healthcare facilities, enabling them to fill open shifts efficiently.
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead one or more engineering teams and be responsible for mentoring engineers of all levels.
Your primary focus will be to manage your team’s performance to increase output while building scalable and high-performance systems.
- Lead one or more engineering teams, mentoring engineers of all levels to increase output and efficiency.
- Write code alongside your team and understand complex technical areas to build scalable and high-performance systems.
- Guide and make architectural decisions to create efficient and reusable services, APIs, and complex web and mobile applications.
- Ensure the software features built by your team are robust, reliable, and user-friendly for both internal teams and customers.
- Continuously improve the software development lifecycle from problem definition to supporting production use of the features you own.
- Support live-site operations, on-call engineering, and lead incident response.
- Proven experience leading one or more engineering teams and mentoring developers.
- Experience making architectural decisions.
- Ability to balance immediate business objectives against long-term architectural vision.
- Excellent communication skills with a good conversational and written English.
- Proactive, self-starter, and love taking initiative.
- Experience working in startup environments.
- Familiarity with modern open-source technologies like Next.js (Express.js/React), Tailwind UI, Flutter, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Docker.
- Experience developing, monitoring, and maintaining web/microservices, REST APIs, and supporting mobile & web apps on AWS (or similar).
- Salary Range: $100-180K/year
- Fully remote position
- Unlimited vacation
- Autonomy and ownership over your work
If you are a highly proficient Engineering Manager with a passion for building scalable systems and leading teams to success, we encourage you to apply.
Are you ready?